Miracles are child’s play. Earthquakes are serious fun. The all-powerful can perform miracles in their sleep. But omnipotence isn’t what it used to be. These days, it takes awesome natural disasters to dominate a world. You give them good land. You tell them when to farm and when to fight. You make them content beyond their wildest dreams. But then they become raging arsonists. What’s a deity to do? Disasters are your divine prerogative – volcanoes, quakes, swamps. For stubborn non-believers, nothing beats a flood for spring cleaning. Cruel ice, lush grassland, parched desert… With 500 worlds, a deity’s work is never done. Populous is the original god-game, a strategy title that lets you shape the isometric isometric world and the fates of its inhabitants. Be sure to check out one of Bullfrog’s earliest classics, from the mind of Peter Molyneux!
- Click the Download button below and you will be redirected to UploadHaven.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the blue ‘download now’ button. We recommend using a download manager for faster download speeds. (You can use FDM which is free here, or any other download manager).
- Once the game is finished downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to Populous™ v1.0.zip” (To do this you will need 7-Zip, which you can get here, or you can use the built in windows extractor).
- Double click inside the Populous™ v1.0 folder and run the setup application. Accept the EULA, and install the game. Then, launch the game through the desktop shortcut.
Populous™ Free Download (v1.0)
Reminder: This download is completely free and won't cost you a penny. However, If you love the game and want to purchase it, you can support the developers by doing so here.
- Windows XP or Vista
- 1.8 GHz
- 512 MB RAM
- 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended)
- 2GB HDD