About Emperor of the Fading Suns
It is the dawn of the sixth millennium and the skies are darkening, for the suns themselves are fading. Humans reached the stars long ago, building a Republic of high technology and universal emancipation—and then squandered it, fought over it, and finally lost it. A New Dark Age has descended upon humanity, for the greatest of civilizations has fallen and now even the stars are dying. Feudal lords rule the Known Worlds, vying for power with fanatic priests and scheming guilds. A grand 4X strategy game developed by Holistic Design Inc., Emperor of the Fading Suns is set in the Dark Ages of Space. It allows players to take the role of one of the powerful nobles fighting to become Emperor of the Known Worlds. Similar to such strategy classics as Civilization and Masters of Orion, Emperor of the Fading Suns offers a sophisticated diplomacy engine, space and ground combat, discovery of new planets, multi-player (Internet) competition and more. While rushed to market, it built a loyal following and spawned numerous, unofficial fan-made mods.
- Click the Download button below and you will be redirected to UploadHaven.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the blue ‘download now’ button. We recommend using a download manager for faster download speeds. (You can use FDM which is free here, or any other download manager).
- Once the game is finished downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to Emperor of the Fading Suns v1.40.zip” (To do this you will need 7-Zip, which you can get here, or you can use the built in windows extractor).
- Double click inside the Emperor of the Fading Suns v1.40 folder and run the setup application. Accept the EULA, and install the game. Then, launch the game through the desktop shortcut.
Emperor of the Fading Suns Free Download (v1.40)
Reminder: This download is completely free and won't cost you a penny. However, If you love the game and want to purchase it, you can support the developers by doing so here.
- Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- 2 GB RAM
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- DirectX 9
- 200 MB